Basic information about learning Ladakhi language:The Ladakhi language is a Bodic (Tibetic) tongue that is used in Ladakh, an area governed by India. It is widely spoken in the Leh neighbourhood that is predominately Buddhist. Despite being a part of the Tibetic family, Ladakhi and Common Tibetan are not mutually comprehensible.
Before learning Ladakhi Language, you should know various dialects of Ladakhi, includes
- Lehskat : Named for the city where it is spoken
- Shamskat: Spoken in the region northwest of Leh
- Stotskat: Spoken in the Indus valley/Eastern Ladakh.
- Nubra: Spoken in the region north of Leh.
- Purigi & Balti: These are spoken in the neighbouring Kargil area, which are related languages.
Some Usefulll Ladakhi Dialects: