Since from the time of ancient Ladakh, this route has been using as trade route as apart of famous Silk Route Valley. This route goes via Lasermo La which is at 5420 mts elevation to Hunder Village via Hunder Dok. It will be a beautiful memorable days trek.Once you reach Nubra Valley, you can also enjoy sightseeing around by staying another day/days.
Best Time: July to Mid-Sept. Grade: 3+
Like as usual, after 2 days of rest and sightseeing in Leh, you will first visit the famous Phyang monastery of Dregung Sect of Tibetan buddhism. After that you will be driven to Murubok or Phyang Phu and call it a day and rest for the mild ascend next day to the Lasermo la base. O/N at Camp
In the morning after the breakfast, start a gradual walk for 3.5 kms . Though the distance is not far but since its an ascend, we will keep it easy to avoid any fatigue. O/N at Camp
Early morning, you guide will leave to examine the snow level or glacier condition before you plane to move a head. After that, guide will brief you about the condition and plan to move ahead. The famous Lasermo la pass unlike other passes has a glacier and stands at 5,420 mts height which is a lot for a pass. After the ascend, you will descend straight to 4,900 mts at North Base of the Pass. O/N at Camp
Though the walk is longer as before, but it should be easy for you as its all descending to the lower heights. Walk besides the stream and through the meadows and flowers. You can also witness wild animals also though dok means grazing ground of the livestock of the villagers. There will be hermits or Shepherd huts also on your way down. O/N at Camp
Send Query/Contact Us for the Cost
- Good experienced route guide
- Cook & Porters
- Helpers who will help in kitchen and in pitching/folding the tents.
- Comfortable client tent.
- Dining & Kitchen tent.
- Pick and drop by jeep to the starting and finishing point of the trek
- Stay in Leh on MAP
- Entry fee at the monasteries
- All time food will be served during trek
- Trekking and wildlife fee
- Camping fee
- Oxygen Cylinder
- Ponies (except on homestay package)
- Sleeping Bags For minus 30 Degree (will be provided by us on demand)
- Sun Screen / Lotion
- Walking Sticks
- Down Jackets, Thermals
- Water Bottle
- Trekking Shoes (Recommended)
- Flesh light
- Good quality warm Jackets.
- Travel or any type of insurance
- Beverages (alcoholic or non alcoholic)
- Any sort of expenses arising due to anything medical or anything else
- Personal porter or pony (although can be provided on demand)